Thursday, January 19, 2012

Water Marbling: Yellow and Green

I wanted to do another water marble manicure so I could write a tutorial for it at the same time. I decided to go with a simple design so I only used two nail colours. From watching videos and reading blogs I knew that Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear nail polishes usually work really well when water marbling. I used my Rimmel Green Grass manicure as my base.



So for this water marbling I chose Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Emerald City and Mellow Yellow. The first time I alternated the two colours creating 5 circles as the nail polish colours didn't disperse as well as I has hoped. Not wanting to waste the polish I did a small design, chose a spot and inserted my index finger. The second time I again alternated the same two colours but created 7 circles. This time the nail polish spread out very well, so I created a design and then inserted my other three fingers. I continued doing this for the remained of my nails.

Afterwards I peeled off my tape and then cleaned my nails. I added a top coat of Seche Vite because I didn't want to risk pulling my design. The following photo's were taken in artificial light.

Yellow and Green Water Pastel in Artificial Light

Yellow and Green Water Pastel in Artificial Light 

The following day I took more photo's in the sunlight.

 Yellow and Green Water Marbling in Natural Light

 Yellow and Green Water Marbling in Natural Light


I don't like the design on my index finger at all! I prefer the design that comes from creating a larger array of circles in the water such as that one my other three fingers. I still haven't gotten the hang of stopping the large air bubbles from forming and currently that's the only aspect that I hate about water marbling.

I recommend you try this technique for yourself, once you get the hang of it it's plenty of fun!
The following is a link to my How To: Water Marbling tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your feedback! I'd love to hear from you and I read each and every comment :)