Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Face of Australia Barbados Collection Swatches

As you may remember when Big W had AUD$3 off Face of Australia products I purchased 7 polishes from the new Barbados collection.

Each of these swatches is without base and top coat. Two coats were used in each swatch. All photos taken in artificial light.


Calypso Gold

Calypso Gold is a gorgeous champagne colour with a gold shimmer. The gold shimmer didn't turn up well in my photos but you can see it in the bottle :) This is such a gorgeous light happy colour that I love!


Orange You Glad You Came

Orange You Glad You Came is a bright orange with a gold shimmer. First off please excuse my pinkie, I was trying to manoeuvre the bottle and manage to mash the nail polish on my pinkie :( Anyway this is a fantastic Summer colour in my opinion. Again the shimmer didn't photograph well but can be seem in the bottle. I was surprised at just how bright an orange this is! A definite happy colour :)


Bright Lights, Pink City


Bright Lights, Pink City is a pink jelly with gold shimmer. Yay, this time the gold shimmer actually showed up in my photos :) This one is sheerer than the others and after two coats still has VNL so you might want to use a third coat. I really loved this colour :)


Another Daiquiri Please

Another Daiquiri Please is a dark pink jelly leaning towards red with a delicate pink shimmer.  Like Bright Lights, Pink City this one is also very sheer and again could use three coats as there is still VNL. Another Daiquiri Please looks so juicy on the nail :)


I Like To Mauve It


I Like To Mauve It is a pink mauve with a silver shimmer. This was another one of my favourites, surprising since it's such a girly colour. Another pretty squishy pink :)



You Blue Me Away


You Blue Me Away is a light blue with a silver shimmer. It has more of a foil finish than the jellies in the rest of this collection. This was another one of my favourite and immediately went on my toes since my nails were already painted!


Let's Go Scuba Diving


Let's Go Scuba Diving is a bright teal with a blue/green shimmer. Another gorgeous polish but this one reminds me of mermaids lol. Definitely a vacation celebration shade. Can't wait to wear this as a full manicure.



Overall

I love the colours in this collection! I have nothing like these shades already in my collection so I was so happy to pick thee up. The one shade I didn't pick up was Party At The Gap because I was after bright colours and I think I have similar colours to PATG already. Anyone else pick up any from this collection?

14 comments:

  1. I grabbed these as well. Love them! Your swatches are awesome! Great to see some Aussie brands representing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad somebody else loves them as much as I do :) I know our Aussie brands don't get much 'air time' :(

      Delete
  2. These are all very pretty...to bad we can't get them in the US

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are gorgeous :) It's unfortunate that you can't get them in the US but at least you have access to many other amazing brands that we can't get here :)

      Delete
  3. I will have to keep my eyes open for them, they look great on your lovely nails. You Blue Me Away is calling my name...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely pick these up! I love them :) Haha You Blue Me Away is on my toes atm!

      Delete
  4. oh my gosh, these colors are AMAZING! Exactly what I like: bright and shimmery! And your swatches are gorgeous! Ah, too bad these aren't sold in the US.

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they lovely! They were exactly what I was looking to get! At least you guys in the US have plenty of other fabulous nail brands that you can easily get :)

      Delete
  5. OMG! the collection is lovely!!! i love all of them! wish i can pick them up =(

    ReplyDelete
  6. UGH I WANT THEM ALL!!! So pretty! Great swatches :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha the exact same reaction I had when I saw the display :) Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Wow, I hope they go on sale again because all of those swatches look amazing!
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are gorgeous! I was so impressed with this collection :) I hope you manage to pick it up!

      Delete

I appreciate your feedback! I'd love to hear from you and I read each and every comment :)