Sunday, May 13, 2012

Nail Haul - Gotta Love Specials!!!

So I took advantage of the huge amount of specials Big W had the last few weeks on make up brands!!! I never would have known about all the specials but I'm part of an amazing facebook group of Australian nail bloggers, Aussie Nails, and we let each other know when there are specials on :)

First off I picked up seven of the eight polishes in the new Face of Australia Barbados collection.

Face of Australia Calypso-Gold, Orange You Glad You Came?, Bright Lights, Pink City, Another Daiquiri Please, I Like To Mauve It, Let's Go Scuba Diving and You Blew Me Away

I also managed to find two polishes from the Face of Australia Molten Metallics collection which I missed when it first came out so I was happy to pick these up :)

Face of Australia Titanium and Iron Ore

Big W had AUD$3 off Face of Australia cosmetics so these polishes came down to AUD$1.87 each!! So I saved AUD$27 on these beauties :)
I also picked up all of the Max Factor minis that were available.

Max Factor Diva Coral, Red Carpet Glam, Diva Violet, Sunny Pink, Ivory, Elegant Mauve

Big W had AUD$5 off Max Factor cosmetics meaning these polishes came down to AUD$0.48 each!! That's a saving of AUD$30 on these 6 polishes alone :) And really AUD$5.48 for each of these minis is way overpriced in my opinion so there was no way I ever would have bought these at full price.

I was so happy I saved almost AUD$60 on these polishes!! Basically these were the best specials ever!!! And Big W rocks!! I'd keep an eye on the Big W catalogues in future for any more amazing specials! Also Coles is selling Ulta3 nail polish and lip glosses for AUD$1 each at the moment :)

11 comments:

  1. Whoa!! You got some massive bargains. I am going to make a trip there tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I was so happy :) I'm in this amazing facebook group, Aussie Nails, and we all let each other know when there are specials going on :)

      Delete
  2. thanks for letting us know! im off there tomorrow too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if Big W has any specials on at the moment but I picked all these polishes up a few weeks ago. It took me ages to get around to writing the post up o.o

      Delete
  3. Great haul! Love those FoA's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The FoA are beautiful glass-flecks polishes :) I've tried a few already and they're STUNNING!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I was really happy with the selection they had :)

      Delete
  5. I nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award!
    http://www.narcissisticnails.com/2012/05/not-so-narcissistic-versatile-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice nail haul! And great job in finding the deals. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I owe the finding all to the facebook group - those ladies are great at spotting a deal :)

      Delete

I appreciate your feedback! I'd love to hear from you and I read each and every comment :)